You could lose it if care is not taken!
Many adults engaged in productive activities could find what they do pleasurable, as well as stressful. The gains derived from the work are usually both the driving force and the source of pleasure. On the other hand, the physical and mental energy exhausted in the course of doing the work amounts to stress and its consequent ill health.
In the light of the above, today 10th October is observed yearly as World Mental Health Day with the overall objective of raising awareness on mental health issues around the world and mobilizing efforts in support of mental health. The Day provides an opportunity for all stakeholders working on mental health issues to talk about their work, and what more needs to be done to make mental health care a reality for people worldwide.
Mental health in the workplace
As adults, a large proportion of our time is spent at work. Our experience in the workplace is one of the factors determining our overall well-being. Employers and managers who put in place workplace initiatives to promote mental health and to support employees who have mental disorders see gains not only in the health of their employees but also in their productivity at work. A negative working environment, on the other hand, may lead to physical and mental health problems, harmful use of substances or alcohol, absenteeism and loss of productivity. Depression and anxiety are common mental disorders that have an impact on our ability to work, and to work productively.
How to Improve Your Mental Health
- Take good care of your body.
- Avoid worries and give your mind some rest
- Value yourself (treat yourself with kindness and respect)
- Be in the company of good people
- Be available to help someone because it will make you feel good
- Relax, be happy and laugh as much as you can
- Be open to new ideas and changes
- Avoid frustration, Set realistic goals
- Say NO to drugs and alcoholism
- Do not die in silence, get help when you need it
2 thoughts on “You could lose it if care is not taken!”
Beautiful and applicable. Thanks for this wellness tips
Thank you JCBlog