Work with FHI360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of
capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Deputy Response Coordinator
Job ID: 18917
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job ID: 18917
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- The Deputy Response Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are toâ€¯assist the Response Coordinator with the management of all humanitarian activities of the local government areas (LGAs) of Nigeria- Dikwa, Ngala, and Banki – with potential for additional sites in the future as the Integrated Humanitarian Assistance in Northeast Nigeria (IHANN) project grows.
- Under the supervision of the Response Coordinator, and with input from the Nigeria Country Director and Technical Director for Crisis Response, the Deputy Response Coordinator will fill a critical role on the response team in country overseeing all OFDA funded program staff and program activities from the Maiduguri office, as well as program support functions related the project.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Supports and manages the development and execution of the emergency response strategy for the IHANN project in coordination with the Response Coordinator, Technical Director for Crisis Response, and Nigeria Country Director.
- Supervises 7 staff members involved with the Human Resources, Security, Operations, and Finance functions of the project.
- Oversees the operational and financial functions of the project to ensure compliance and efficiency with company SOPs.
- Provides active leadership and overall management of the country emergency program and support all aspects of preparedness planning and action.
- Ensures that programs are implemented in a cost effective, consultative, participative and gender sensitive way.
- Provides oversight of ER teams in the LGAs, ensuring that the team members are working in line with the established policy, strategy and guidelines.
- Work closely with supply chain to ensure that procurements are made in a timely manner while remaining in compliance with FHI 360 and donor rules and regulations, and ensure that proper procurement procedures are followed by project staff.
- Manages coordination with key stakeholders e.g. government authorities, donors, and Humanitarian partners and represents FHI 360 in coordination forums e.g. humanitarian clusters.
- Plans and directs project schedules and monitors budget/spending.
- Organizes project(s) activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the job function.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine scheduling, budget, procedures, staffing, and allotment of resources needed for projects.
- Establishes work plans, project teams, and SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies.
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team-work.
- Responsible for induction of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and program objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent – Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8+ years of project management and/or emergency response experience.
- Experience working with OFDA preferred.
- Certification in project management preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation.
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Experience operating in insecure environments.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply