Position for Supply Chain Manager at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
- The Supply Chain (SCM) Manager is a key position in the Logistics Department, reporting to the Country Logistics Manager. S/he is responsible for the procurement in coordination with the Regional/International Procurement Unit and onward supply to the field areas.
- S/he will have the task to manage the Abuja Central Procurement Unit (CPU) under the supervision of the Country Logistics Manager.
- S/he ensures that SCI and Donor’s policies and procedures are fully implemented, will set up and/or strengthen internal control mechanisms and provide support and capacity building to Abuja staff, field bases staff and coordination staff to ensure successful activities under the Central Supply Unit and compliance to SCI and Donor’s standards.
- Reports to Country Logistics Manager.
- Staff directly reporting to this post: Procurement Team (4) and in dotted line Procurement team from the Field Offices.
- Ensure that all procurements are compliant to SCI and Donor standards, and that policies and procedures are institutionalized at all levels.
- Set up and manage a country procurement unit in Abuja that will serve as procurement Hub.
- Ensure that internal control mechanism are in place and followed.
- Develop Strategic and tactical procurement in Nigeria Country Office to avoid ad hoc procurement and to have a pro-active procurement department anticipating needs and consolidating purchases via contracting strategy or bulk purchases.
- Put in place framework agreements and Preferred Supplier Lists for key purchases according to the Country strategy.
- Run periodically market surveys and market analysis to monitor the prices and availability of key items.
- Capacity building of field and coordination staff on procurement and stock management.
- Coordinate with field offices to ensure the regular and timely shipment of required supplies; coordinate with pharmacist to put in place medical delivery schedule.
- Coordinate with RPU-IPU for international orders, ensuring that orders are placed in a timely manner, discrepancies are proactively resolved, and invoices paid during project period.
- Coordinate customs processes for international purchases.
- Oversee stock management is done accordingly to SCI standards and support TIM (Total Inventory Management) implementation and usage.
- Relevant Degree and Post-Graduate qualifications.
- Demonstrated minimum of 5 years’ experience in logistics management and especially in procurement in the INGO sector.
- Experienced in running complex procurement procedures and in contract negotiation.
- Previous experience in service subcontracting for financial services such as cash distributions and e-vouchers will be considered an advantage.
- Experienced in running market surveys and market analysis.
- Previous experience with humanitarian assistance and / or with international organizations in Nigeria and / or the region.
- Previous experience in Procurement Contracting is essential for this role.
- Problem-solving ability (Proven analytical skills in isolating priorities and tackling them).
- Capacity to maintain documentation and archiving system transparent.
- Very good computer skills, especially on Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in an multicultural environment, to communicate clearly and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently, sense of responsibility.
- Commitment to the values and principles of SCI.
- Ability to pay support visits on the field in isolated areas.
- Fluent in English.
- Demonstrate leadership and integrity.
- Strong ethical standards, motivated to promote effective, efficient and transparent procurement function.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Online