Lagoon Hospitals Currently Recruiting Graduate Perioperative Nurse
Lagoon Hospitals has consistently been providing healthcare of international standards in Nigeria. Established in 1984 by Professor Emmanuel and Professor (Mrs.) Oyin Elebute, and commencing operations in 1986 as a provider of integrated healthcare services, Lagoon Hospitals is currently the largest private healthcare services Group in Nigeria with six healthcare facilities.
Lagoon Hospitals is the only Nigerian Hospital group accredited by the Joint Commission International, and one of two groups in Sub-Saharan African to be so accredited. The Hospitals was first accredited in 2011 and re-accredited in 2015, 2018 and 2021. This is a guarantee of safe and quality healthcare that meets international standards. Recently, Lagoon Hospitals received her Certificate of Re-accreditation from JCI. Lagoon Hospitals is driven by a single thrust, to provide the best standards of patient care. It is this passion that has led to the development of unique specialties across medical disciplines, within the Lagoon Hospitals Group.
Job Title: Perioperative Nurse
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Operating Theatre Manager & Head of Nursing
This role is responsible for assisting clients and patients undergoing surgery restore and sustain their health and wellbeing.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepare and maintain the theatre for all surgical procedures
- Provides nursing care to patients undergoing surgery
- Instruct and supervise ward assistants in preparing, sterilizing and caring for theatre equipment and supplies
- Documenting and maintaining concise and complete records and report
- Conduct preoperative and post-operative checks
- Clean and restore equipment and work areas, leaving them suitable for future use thus maintaining a clean and safe environment always
- Performing procedures such as monitoring of vital signs with necessary follow up, administering medication, wound dressings, IV placement and providing other assistance as required
- Comply with the use of Standard Operating Procedures and policies and quality standards.
Key Result Areas/ Performance Goals:
- Ensuring proper marking of surgical sites
- Reduction in infection rate
- Incidence reporting and adequate documentation
- Use of SOPS / adherence to quality standards.
- RN, RPON (Registered Peri-Operative Nursing Diploma)
- Valid Peri-Operative Nursing practice license
- Minimum of 1 year experience.
- Basic Life Support skills
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Skills
- I-CARE attitude (Integrity, Compassion, Attentiveness, Respect, Excellence and Empathy)
- Computer literacy
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to handle stress and crisis situation.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Picture Source: Nursing-school-rankings.com